Thursday, April 22, 2010

Alexis's Room

After weeks of bedding searches and painting, Alexis's room is 95% complete. I still want to get something with her name on it and maybe hang a little more things on the wall, but I'm pretty impressed with the progress we've made. The only thing missing is our little angel and we are even more anxious for her to get here.

Grandma Barak (we are still thinking of names) and Grandpa Mannion don't think their angel will need the time out chair, but Mommy and Daddy know differently!! I found it at Home Goods and thought it was perfect for her room.



Our crib and changing table came from Pottery Barn. As soon as I saw it in the magazine, I knew I had to have it. Last week we changed out the white knobs for some pink ones. A little personal touch to make it unique. I'm thinking I want a sign with her name hanging above the changing table. We can't wait to fill up the drawers with clothes and the book ends with books to read to her nightly. The "I know I'm somebody 'cause God don't make junk" sign was given to me when I was a baby by my Great Aunt Billy, so I had to pass it on. And NO, I'm not passing on Raggedy Ann and Andy!!

I just LOVE her bedding. I looked for weeks for this bedding in purple and green, but it doesn't exist, so I found it in pink and green and I couldn't be more excited about it!!

I found this frame and saying in a shop and just had to have it. And a special THANKS goes out to Aunt Debbie for finding our chandelier. We looked all over the Internet and she found it at Hobby Lobby!!
While Daddy was checking out at the book store one Sunday at church, he found this cross and surprised me with it! I was so excited when I opened it. It matches the room perfectly and Mommy just loves crosses!!





5 comments:

The Ormsbys said...

lookin good dee! please please please pass on raggedy ann!!!

Deanna Addison said...

I just love it!!!

The Normans said...

You have out done yourself! It is beautiful!!

Liz said...

That pink chandelier is the most gorgeous thing I have ever seen! Man, I want to come and hang out in Alexis's room! You did great, Deidra; it is such a precious room. You must be so excited.

Unknown said...

Super cute!! If you are looking for her name letters, there is a store called alphabet boutique on ebay. You can choose the font, color, ribbons, etc.

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs