Wednesday, April 28, 2010

More Tests

I had to go back to the hospital today for some extra tests. I have crossed into the mild preeclampsia stage. On Sunday I started a 24 hour urine check for protein and we got the results today. My protein levels were at 460 mgs and mild preeclampsia starts at 300. However, severe preeclampsia is 5 grams, so we are quite far from that. The only problem is that severe preeclampsia can strike tomorrow, next week or next month. There is no way of knowing. If it comes at all. So, she gave me the steroid shot to help develop Alexis's lungs. I go back tomorrow for the second shot and another ultrasound to see how she is reacting to the steroids. I am off for the next two days and going to try to go back to work on Monday. My doctor doesn't believe that bed rest will help, so she says it isn't necessary. For me, this is all confusing. Preeclampsia causes high blood pressure, not the other way around. So, if I cross over to severe preeclampsia, my blood pressure will increase and I will most likely get a severe headache. So, I still need to watch for those signs. As for now, we are closely monitoring and hoping we make it to the next week. I was prepared for her to maybe come at 34 or 36 weeks, but not prepared for 30 or 32 weeks. So, I'm a little freaked out and praying she stays in there longer so we don't have to visit her in the NICU. For now, I guess I need to pack a bag and be prepared to go to the hospital at any time.

As for right now, I'm looking forward to my first baby shower this weekend. It is at my Aunt's Tea House in Montgomery and I can't wait! I'm just really glad I can make it and hoping we can make it to our shower that our friends are throwing us in June. Hopefully it won't be a meet Alexis party!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs