Thursday, May 6, 2010

T Minus 24 Hours till Maternity Leave

I went for my weekly ultrasound today and all looks great. I of course, couldn't tell what I was looking at, but Brian was for sure he saw a face. There was another trace of protein in my urine but the BP was good this time. I am going to have to do another 24 hour urine on Sunday and go back in every Monday and Thursday until Alexis makes her arrival.

BUT starting tomorrow afternoon, I'm on maternity leave! With all the scares we have been having and the high BP, I decided to go on bed rest. Work is getting crazier and crazier, so I spent all week preparing to make this my last. I have mixed feelings because I had only planned on taking 6 weeks, I had 5 saved up. Now, I will be taking ten and be docked from my pay check. But, when I'm holding my precious baby girl and she is all safe and sound, I won't even care.

Last Saturday was my first shower at my aunt's Tea House and I must say, everyone out did theirselves. We were blessed to get both of our strollers, one of our car seats, pack and play, swing, our video monitor and tons of goodies! I was overwhelmed with how lucky this little girl is! Yesterday I had my second shower at school and it was awesome! The girls fixed Mexican food and mock margaritas in honor of Cinco De Mayo. I had enough margaritas to get sugar drunk and the food was great! Everyone was so genorous! I must say between these last two showers, Alexis is going to be one spiffy little girl. I can't wait to play dress up with Alexis. Thank you to everyone who has made this so special for Brian, Alexis and myself. We couldn't be more thankful to have ya'll in our lives! We can't wait for our last shower that our friends are throwing. It's either going to be a baby shower or a meet Alexis party! Either way, it is going to be a blast!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs