Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mommy gets to hold me

Wednesday was a much better day. I felt 100% better and I couldn't wait to get my hands on my little one! I woke up, ate, showered and limped down to the NICU where they welcomed me by letting me hold her for the first time! You can see that I was so excited! Our first family picture isn't the best, but I was trying to keep her warm. She is so calm and quite when she is in my arms, I just want to hold her all day.

Alexis had so many visitors the last two days and this time I actually got to enjoy being the one to show her off for the first time. Her aunt Melissa, Deanna and Tracy all paid her a visit and they just couldn't be more excited to see her. I will post more pictures later, it is way too hard and I am way too tired!

Right now, the hardest thing is having to pump and give it away, knowing that I should be feeding her myself. However, I know it is for the best. Soon enough I will be feeding her at night, it is just a weird feeling knowing that I'm getting up in the middle of the night to "feed" my angel when she isn't even with me.

That is all I have the energy for tonight. Stay tuned for Mommy and Daddy's first Kangaroo experience and Alexis begins scooting up on her nest! She even lifted her head on her own! Pictures to come tomorrow! I said it before, and I will say it again, Alexis is a rock star! She is fighting her way out of the NICU so she can get home to her Mommy and her Daddy!

Thanks to both Grandmas who have been cooking, cleaning and shopping for us! It sure made coming home much more comfortable having these things taken care of for us.


This is my favorite picture of her! She just can't keep her hands out of her face even though she is out of my tummy! Today was supposed to be our 2nd chance to get a 4d ultrasound, but she just wasn't having it, she needed us to see her in real time!

I'm so excited to see her and be able touch her without a wheel chair or feeling like I wasn't going to make it! She is just so precious!!


1 comments:

Barrow Family said...

She is beautiful! What a precious little girl!

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs