Thursday, May 27, 2010

Alexis Hope Mannion's Whirlwind Debut

Since this pregnancy has been nothing but intense, Alexis made her debut in the same dramatic style. We have said all along she was going to be a Drama Queen and she has proved us right, but she is a fighter!

Sunday night, May 23rd, my BP once again increased. It took about an hour but after an early does of medicine, I finally got it down. I decided to pack my toiletries, just to be prepared, call it Mommy's intuition. I woke up again on Monday with the same problem. I showered and prepared for my doctor's appointment. I had to turn in my 24 hour urine and do another ultrasound and stress test. I have been telling the Dr. the last week or so that I just hadn't been feeling her move as much as she had been. The ultrasound showed the same results, she wasn't moving a whole lot and she still wasn't getting her two points for breathing, so back to the hospital we went.

Again, my mother's intuition must of kicked in because I was getting nervous and my BP went up and wouldn't come down. According to the ultrasound tech, she got her 8 out of 8 on this ultrasound and my blood work came back good. All we were waiting for was the results from the urine. With all the good results we had just received, we sent Grandma and Grandpa Mannion off for their 35th Anniversary dinner and I called my parents and told them to go about their evening and morning and we would talk them on Tuesday.

Here comes the dreaded phone call...Everything looks great, but my proteine is over 1000 grams. "We are going to go ahead and take her tonight. We're going to have a baby in an hour." From this point on, my room fills with nurses and family. But I couldn't get my parents here in time and I just started bawling. My mom wasn't answering either of her phones and I was panicking, so by the time I get to my dad the water works are flowing because I knew I wouldn't get to see them and I was afraid they were going to miss the whole thing. Then I begin to freak out that they are going to speed and get in a wreck. I gave my aunt orders to call them and make sure they are careful, then I was gone! Everything else went so fast and then we were blessed with one true fighter.

Alexis Hope arrived at 9:00 p.m. May 24th 2010, just in time to make it for Grandma and Grandpa Mannion's 35th anniversary and Aunt Melissa and Uncle Nathan's 7th Anniversary. May is an amazing month for the Ford/Mannion family and Alexis just had to be part of the May celebration. She is doing awesome and breathing on her own. Stay tuned for the rest of the week for her updates.

Thanks for all the prayers! Please keep them coming so we can bring her home safe and soundly in just a few weeks.

Alexis, Mommy and Daddy love you more than we could ever say. You have truly blessed our lives and made them whole. We can't wait till your safe and sound in your own crib! Keep fighting and stay strong!



One Proud Daddy


Mommy's First kiss and the last time I saw her till 6 the next afternoon.

The only picture you are getting of me before delivery. It didn't look good!!



The proudest Grandma's in Katy!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs