Thursday, May 27, 2010

Alexis's 2nd Day

Day 2 was a nightmare for Mommy! As soon as she was born, she was swept away and I was told that I couldn't see her for 24 hours. Because of the preeclampsia, I had to be on a magnesium drip for 24 hours and couldn't get out of bed. The doctors warned me that I might feel hot and nauseated. I was determined to prove them wrong so I could see my baby girl. Apparently, it doesn't work that way. I didn't sleep much because I was so excited to see Alexis. The first 15 hours went smoothly, other than me just dying to see her and feeling fine. Then the nausea started and it only got worse. For the next 6 hours I was vomiting what little I had in my stomach and could barely keep my eyes open. Visitors came and went and I could barely hold a conversation, mostly I just slept through them. Poor Grant and Kenzie got to see me throw up, right before they were going to eat at Babbins. (I truly am sorry about that!)

Daddy was an amazing host and an even better husband. He was taking such great care of me and keeping me updated the best he could. At one point when I was once again feeling "fine" they snuck me into see her. She is in her own VIP room where she will remain until it is time to leave. Nothing but the best for Alexis! She is being such a great trooper, and doesn't even need oxygen. They are still feeding her through a tube but that will continue for a couple of weeks until I can breast feed. But for a 32 week preemie, she is rocking her way through the NICU. She calms down when I touch her or talk to her. She is just the most precious thing in the world and we are so proud of her!

Her first Birthday Cake

The first time we saw her eyeballs

Holding Mommy's hand for the first time






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs