Friday, May 28, 2010

Scootin and Sunbathin

Well, Brian and I have been home for 24 hours and I don't like it at all!! I thought I knew what to expect, knowing that we might go early, but being hormonal and leaving my baby don't mix too well. Maybe it is just all the hormones, I don't know, but I hate that she is still there and we have to come and go through out the day. I can't stop crying! Like I said yesterday, I know this is where she should be, but this is way harder than I thought it would be! I love her so much!

She is jaundice so they have her under special lamps. I like to call it sunbathing, she's already just like her momma. As sad as it looks, I think she still looks cute and I also know it is perfectly normal! She even has her sunglasses on. The following pictures of her in her tanning bed.

She has the cutest little feet!

Alexis and her sunglasses! We were up there this morning and she seemed perfectly content. I would talk to her and touch her and she just kept sunbathing! I pray she knows who I am!

Yep, that's my Daddy! I just hate to see her arm all bandaged up because of her IV. I had to leave yesterday before they put it in because I couldn't handle seeing her having to go through it. Call me a wimp, but I just couldn't do it!

Another view of her feet!!

Daddy was so excited to get to kangaroo yesterday and when he got there, they told him that he couldn't. Again, that made me cry! He was so disappointed but he understood! We might not get to do it again until she gets her tanning bed removed.

How flipping cute is this? She is such a strong little girl! She came out fighting and she is still fighting to get home to her Mommy and her Daddy. The nurse said that we are going to have to watch her during tummy time because she is going to be all over the place! I can't wait! I will watch her all day long if she gets to come home soon!

Mommy got to kangaroo one time! It was so nice to hold her against my chest. But, she ended up getting cold, so I'm going to have to use a robe next time. The blankets weren't enough to keep her warm. She is truly the best thing in the world!

4 comments:

Staci said...

This is truly the hardest thing ever. No one tells you this during pregnancy or child birth. I am praying for you, Brian and Alexis. I know it's so hard but also know she is in the best possible hands. She will be home soon and you can watch her all day. Love you girly hang in there.

lynn said...

Praying for Alexis to get on those sparkly red shoes and get home soon!! Praying for peace of mind for you too. Can't imagine what you're going through now, but it will so be worth it when she's home! :)

Lynn Hokanson

Donlee and Amanda said...

AWWW!! I know she will be home & healthy soon.
Amanda

Deanna said...

My heart is melting, the both of you are amazing parents this will only increase your bond that much more. Alexis will be home before you know it, she's such a trooper!!

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs