Friday, June 4, 2010

Week 2 Update

It has been a very busy week and Alexis has had TONS of visitors! This is one lucky, loved little girl! All of her great aunts and uncles and her Paw Paw came to see her on Monday. They were all so excited. Her cousin, Brody, even got to see her. They all wanted to touch, kiss and hold her, but not allowed just yet!!

On Tuesday she got put back on the UV lights for Jaundice, but only had to say on that for one day. Then, on Wednesday, she got her IV removed!! She now is only being monitored and has the feeding tube! This really helps Mommy!! I just couldn't stand to see those IVs on her hands and feet. Thursday night I FINALLY got to put real clothes on her! I was so excited, I even packed her very first suitcase, courtesy of Mimi, full of preemie clothes!! It took three of us to get her in that teeny tiny outfit! Dad was the best! He just jumped right in there and pulled her arms through!

She is moving right along in the NICU and they are even going to try to start bottle feeding her today. I'm so excited to see this. The breast feeding is moving along slowly but surely! I'm hoping once I'm not just pumping and I actually get to feed her that I will produce more. I'm just trying to not stress out.

This weekend is our shower with all of our friends. My girls have quite a bit of surprises up their sleeve. I know that they have all worked so hard and I can't wait to see everyone. Our shower has now turned into a party! Kristi called me the other day and asked what I needed and I said EVERY THING! She said that the registry didn't seem updated! It is updated, we were just hoping she was coming AFTER the shower! I don't even have any bottles and I have a baby! Hopefully that will change tomorrow night!


Her hands are still in her face, but this time she has clothes on. Notice the monogram!! Aunt Deanna did that for us!

Her suitcase is packed with some preemie clothes! I was so excited to finally dress her!
Last night, our nurse stayed and talked with us the whole time and then helped us dress her! We are getting to do more and more things on our own and it is so nice.

Her first outfit!

Alexis holding Daddy's finger

Alexis and Mommy! This is my first decent picture since the swelling started to subside.

I still think she is the cutest in her tanning bed and mask. I just love her so much!

2 comments:

The Ormsbys said...

love these! dee you look great and i'm sure you'll get TONS of stuff tomorrow! love you!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the one of her holding Brian's finger...It made me cry! How sweet! She is beautiful and I can't wait to meet her!! Diedra, you look wonderful!!

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs