Monday, June 21, 2010

Home Sweet Home

We have officially been home for two very busy weeks. We have had a revolving door of visitors and I'm finally able to update and post some pictures.

Alexis came home Thursday, June, 17th to an awesome welcome home party. William, Cole and Anna had been anxiously awaiting her arrival for weeks and never quite understood why they couldn't see her. For more pictures of the kids see Melissa's Blog. They were all just so precious and I must say, Cole is absolutely in love with her! He wants to be right next to her and know where she is at all times.

She has been doing so great since she has been home. She sleeps all day and mostly all night. She isn't very fussy and in my opinion, is genuinely a really good baby. Monday afternoon was the first time she had a melt down, and it wasn't bad at all. She was up for 7 hours straight, but never really threw a fit. She just lets you know she is still here every now and again. I am chalking it up to the fact that she made her first trip to the lake last weekend. The Mannions came down to watch her so we could go to Rachel's Wedding. However, between the Mannions and my family, she was being held CONSTANTLY!! So, she was entitled to a little melt down Monday afternoon when she realized that wasn't going to be her life at all times!

Last Monday she weighed 5 lbs and 4 ozs and was 19 inches long. I just know she is nearing 6 pounds. Originally my goal was to have her in her crib by the time she was six weeks old, but now I'm moving that to 7 lbs. I just can't leave her in there when she is so small, but I know she will be snoozing the night away in there soon enough.

Her soon to be BFF Ryder was born last Friday while we were at the lake. Deanna is one of my best friends. We were originally due two weeks apart, but Alexis had other plans. He is still in the NICU due to fluid in his lungs, but is progressing very well and should be home by the weekend. I can not wait for these two to meet and for Deanna to get her camera on them. More importantly, I can't wait to hold him. He has been here for a whole week and I haven't even seen him in person.

These first two pictures were taken Friday, June 18th, yes the day after she was brought home, by Deanna Addison Photography. Just one of the perks of having a BFF that is a photographer. She does an amazing job and I can't wait for her to capture all of Ryder and Alexis's little moments!!

I promise I will do better at posting now that we are settling in. She still is very small and only fits into her newborn onsies. I'm DYING to put on all of her cute outfits, but they just don't fit yet! I know they will soon enough, so I'm not wishing my time away.

Mommy's Favorite

Daddy's Favorite, of course. He actually found this boa and thought of this pose.

Her first nap in her crib.

Her first bath. She does really well in the bathtub, as long as her warm wet frog towel is on top of her. If you don't have this, it is FABULOUS! It keeps her warm and keeps her from pitching a fit! Or maybe it is just my perfect baby???

Daddy preparing her for her first bath. Look closely, she marked him with pee. This was the second time that day she peed on him, the first time happened at Deanna's during her newborn shoot.

I can't even describe how good it felt to walk into the house with her, knowing that we didn't have to go back to the hospital. It was so nice to put on PJs and just sit on the couch with her at 9 o'clock instead of going back to the hospital.

Cole, Anna and William waiting for Alexis

We are about to break free!!

She's already to escape! We are just waiting for the Doctor's orders.

Her last bottle in the NICU!!!

We had to get in her last incubator shots.


The Balloon Fairy dropped off these balloons on Thursday. She hasn't revealed herself. It took us a full 24 hours to realize that we didn't know who put them up. By the time we had talked to everyone and they said they didn't do it, we had a good laugh. Between Donna, Melissa, Brian and myself, we each though that one of us put them up only to find out it wasn't any of us. My secret suspicion is Mrs. Paula, but she hasn't said so!! Thank you to the Balloon Fairy, who ever you are!!

1 comments:

Barrow Family said...

ADORABLE!!! She is so precious! Been patiently waiting for you to give us updates! Glad all is well!!! When Caroline came home she was 5 lbs 1 ounce. I know it seems tiny now, but it will AMAZE you how fast she grows!

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs