Monday, July 26, 2010

2 Month Check Up

Today was our two month check up complete with shots and Alexis did awesome!! She is now weighing in at 8 pounds 3 ounces and is 20.5 inches long. I knew she was filling out but I had no idea she would be over 8 pounds! She is now in the 3rd percentile for everything. I know that may not seem like a lot to some of you, but considering that she wasn't even on the charts last month, I couldn't be happier! She did really great when it came to getting her shots and the nurse was so great with her. I was very thankful to have such a sweet nurse. Of course she cried when she got them, but she settled down when I was able to pick her up and soothe her. We got home and and I gave her Tylenol and a bottle and she has been out for two hours. Hopefully she won't feel too much pain for the rest of the day and she will be able to just sleep it off. Mommy could use a little nap right now too!!

Here are some pictures of the week showing some of Alexis's cool tricks.

On most good days, she loves swinging in her lamb swing.

Her favorite time of the day, bath time! Notice, no crying, it really does relax her. I'm looking forward to her giggling in the bath tub.

Now, coming out of the bath tub is a completely different story! As soon as you pull her out and start putting lotion on her and getting her dressed, she throws a minor fit!! But the good news is after a bottle, she is so worn out, that she just goes down for the night (3 hours at least) with out me even having to rock her.

I think this picture says it all....It's time for a nap! This girl LOVES to sleep, she gets that from her Daddy. I've truly been blessed, at night time, she goes right down after every feeding, as long as she has been burped. Sometimes she does have trouble burping and she gets gassy so it hurts her belly, so she gets restless till she feels better. As long as she is swaddled, most nights she is down for the count.

Playing with her Lamby

Some Daddy and Alexis time


Enjoying her crib. Tonight I'm going to put her in here all night, well, I'm at least going to try. I have faith that I can keep her in there all night. I will keep you posted.

Sleeping on her tummy

2 comments:

Barrow Family said...

yea for passing the 8 pound mark! she is adorable!

Erin Weaver said...

Yaay! She looks awesome! I think she's starting to resemble Brian. We need to come see her soon! miss you!

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs