Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Poo Poo on The...

FLOOR!! Yep, that's right! If you don't want to hear the details, just go ahead and ignore this post. This is more for Alexis to have one day than it is to share with my few followers!!

We've been attempting to potty train as best we can with our traveling schedule these last two weeks. One daylast week she was so excited to get into the bath tub that she couldn't stand to sit on the toilet a minute longer, so she eventually went in my mom's bath tub!! Last night she was not a happy camper. We went back to the potty a good four or five times in the course of an hour and she finally refused to wear her diaper and her jammies. I knew it was coming, I just had hoped it would be on the potty!! I'm at the kitchen table editing away when I hear Daddy, "Oh! You pottied on the floor!" said with as much sarcastic enthusiasm as one man can who is about to have to pick it up off the floor! I had to cover my face and smile while tears streamed down because I was dying laughing inside! Alexis, however was as happy as she could be! She immediately ran to me clapping and screaming, "yaaay!" Of course we told her she wasn't supposed to go on the floor that big girls go on the potty, but what can you do but laugh!

I know this is, I'm sure, just one of many instances to come. I'm not too sure I'm cut out for this whole potty training business! I'm so ready for summer to get here so we can strip her down and get her trained in a week or two! Sitting in our very small restroom for an hour is so not my idea of fun! But, I also know it is the course we are destined to trek right now!!

1 comments:

Erin Weaver said...

So funny! Margo has pooped in the bathtub about four times in the past few months. It is a mess and I don't know why! We have poops on the floor too when trying to keep her dried out from diaper rash in the past. Such fun! I cannot wait for potty training--ha ha!

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs