Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Willie's Weekend Visit

We haven't stopped traveling since our last post! Two weeks ago, we traveled five hours to go visit Willie. It was a much needed visit for all 5 of us, Ranger included! I feel so much better after our little visit. The ladies that are training him are really nice and they showed us what he has been working on as well as allowed Brian to run some field tests with a couple of the better trained dogs. Unfortunately, Willie isn't the best of students! It sounds like he has a little ADHD in him! He must really be just like his Daddy! He loves to play and be petted, which apparently isn't a great thing when being trained to be an observant bird dog!! They are also worried about his noise level in the field! He is such a baby and cries whenever you apply the slightest of pressure to him to get him to do what you want!! I did ask the ladies, point blank, if their dogs were house dogs or strictly work dogs. She said her dogs are 100% house dogs and get loved on just as much as a small dog. This made me feel so much better since our dogs cuddle with us nightly!! I didn't feel as bad leaving him as I did when Brian first dropped him off but I am so anxious for him to get home!!

I was just playing around with my new camera and she was being the perfect model! I think she was just as excited to see Willie as Mommy and Daddy were!
He is still so very pretty! He has gotten bigger, but Brian and I were both surprised by how he has filled out rather than gotten too much bigger or taller!! I'm sure I will be totally shocked when I see him next time!

Just striking a pose for Mommy!

They both loved seeing each other!! Alexis was so excited to see him and he couldn't wait to play with her! He was still very gentle with Alexis even thought he is much stronger than her now!



One last goodbye for the night!! We went back early the next morning to play for a couple of hours!

Showing off his new tricks! He isn't the best at holding and walking, but he has improved, slightly, since we left!

He is so pretty! Notice the background!

Alexis loved feeding the ducks! She was begging for them to come out of their house after she scared them all away!

This girl loves her ATVs! She is going to need one for her birthday!!

Here we are saying our goodbyes until we get to see him again!



For some reason, she loves to throw herself onto the ground!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs