Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bluebonnets and Fun

We've had a great weekend! It's beginning to look a lot like Summer and it's only the first weekend in April! I'm already getting Spring fever and am desperately waiting for Summer vacation. We had a rough week at work and unfortunately, it isn't over yet. Many people I know may lose their job. While I'm pretty sure I will have a job, I'm just not sure what it will be. The uncertainty is very scary and I'm sad for the thousands of teachers across the state that will be losing theirs and even more importantly the children that will be losing great teachers and missing out on many learning opportunities. So, this weekend was just what the doctor ordered; fun in the sun! We got up early Saturday morning and headed to Chappel Hill for the Bluebonnet Festival. The bluebonnets this year are very disappointing since we've had virtually no rain since last year sometime. But Aunt Deanna still got some great shots, even if we had semi-permission to trespass!
I can't believe she is 6 weeks away from a year! I'm so sad!

I love these boys!



A is growing up so fast. Her personality is starting to show through and unfortunately, not only is she very smart, but man she is one stubborn little girl. This comes from both her Mommy and her Daddy, so we are definitely in for some trouble! She LOVES her blackberry. I had to give her my old one because she pitches a huge fit when she sees mine. It even has a pink case just like Mommy's. It is only a slightly different shade of pink than mine and she knows when I don't give her the real one! She is enjoying her pool crawling ALL OVER the house. This week we also have officially started holding our bottle! However, in her stubborn manner, she only holds it when SHE wants to!

She has also developed a mild case of anxiety when it comes to her bedroom! I hope this is normal since she has always been so easy to put down. But, when we walk into her room, she starts to wimper and cry, even if we are just going to change her diaper or take a bath! Nap times and bed times are getting much harder to go down. I thought they were supposed to be easier after we set up this routine?

Alexis on her first pony ride! Daddy was hardly holding her and she had the best time. She laughed and smiled the whole time.


Her pony had a bow just like Alex, at least for the two seconds she lets me put it on her.


William and Ryder loved their first pony ride too!



William had a a blast in the petting zoo and the water ball! As usual, he put on quite the show for the crowd!


1 comments:

Liz said...

Okay, I have no idea why my comment isn't here. Take two:

I love the pics of Alexis in the bluebonnets! She is so precious!!

:o) See you tomorrow.

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs