Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Rainbows and Friends

I can't believe Alexis is going to be TWO in just two days!  In the last couple of weeks she has just astounded us with her learning as well as her stubbornness!  I will post more about her later this week, after we go to the doctor for her two year check up.  But, this past weekend we celebrated her birthday with our family and friends.  I want to thank everyone who came out and helped!  It truly was a great day and we feel so blessed to be surrounded by people who love us as much as they do. 

We started off the weekend in the pool on Friday morning.  While Mommy finished power washing the pool area, Aunt Deanna and Ryder came over for a swim.  We ended the morning with lunch on our new picnic table, courtesy of Gigi and Pops!  Friday evening we played a little more outside when Aunt Tracy came to spend the night!!  Then Saturday was a FULL day of cake, family, friends, swimming, swinging and sliding!  To say she was exhausted was an understatement!  We didn't even get through half the presents before she moved back onto the swing!

I have been planning this party for months and after weeks of cleaning and putting my ideas together, I couldn't have been any happier with the way the party turned out.  I will say this, I am NOT having her party at noon next year!  So, for all those kids that have to nap later, I'm sorry!  I just can't do it!  It is way too stressful to run around in the morning!  I didn't even get a picture of the table all decorated with the cake because I was rushing around and I didn't want the icing on the cake and cupcakes to melt!  But it was still a blast to hang out with our friends and family!  Thanks again for everyone joining in this year, it wouldn't have been the same with out you all!!

 The one and only picture of Ryder not crying!  Apparently, my firm voice scares him!  I'm OK with being the bad cop, though!
Loving life and lunch at her picnic table!
 The only picture we got of her in her outfit because she was ready to get in the pool!  Thanks Pappa B, Mimi and PawPaw for coming!  She now says "Paw Paaww" and it is adorable.  I have a feeling she might have a little East Texas accent in her dying to sneak it's way out!  A special thanks to Bentley's Bows for hooking us up with this cute bottlecap bow!
 Aunt Tracy and I made these supercool cupcakes!  I guess I should thank pinterest for all my awesomeness!  Please follow me to see even more of my party ideas!
This is her "I want it my way" stance after she was tired of the outfit and done with all the asking to get into the pool!  I'm going to have to do a photo shoot later this week just to get some pictures of this super-cute outfit!  I have to thank Aunt Lissa for making the tutu and the wreath (below) and Amanda Tabor for making this awesome cake at the last minute!  (FYI-this cake was what made the rainbow idea come alive and I was a tad bit stressed that I wasn't going to get it made.  And, no, there is NO WAY I could have made this myself!).  And finally, thanks to Lily Lou Designs for the onsie (pictures to come) and these A-DOR-ABLE bloomers.  If you need anything for your upcoming party, these ladies would love to help you out!  Just click on the links and it will take you straight to their page!
 How cute is this wreath?  Every little girl needs a wreath made just for her birthday!
 LOVE.LOVE.LOVE the cake!  The colors were gorgeous and the cake and icing were DELISH! Contact Amanda Tabor on Facebook if you need a cake for your upcoming party!  I promise, you won't be disappointed, unless you are like me and can't stop eating it!  Plus she is in the Katy area!



Yep, I made that banner!  Actually, Aunt Tracy strung it together, but I cut and glued it!
 Not only does she make wreaths and tutus, but she also sales Scentsy and makes cotton candy (not for hire)!  Scentsy has a new yummy product, Velata, a fondue warmer!  The chocolate, which comes in several tasty flavors is perfect for a kid's birthday party!  The kids and adults had a good time dipping their fruit and pretzels into the warm chocolate!  It will definitely be a hit at all our summer parties!
 Brian and I worked all week with Alexis on blowing out her candles.  I was surprised that she actually understood when we were signing to her.  She lit up like a Christmas tree as soon as everyone started singing "Happy Birthday!"  It was the cutest thing!  I can't wait to sing Happy Birthday to her again on Thursday because with all the hustle and bustle, I forgot to videotape it!  I love to see that big smile!!
 Her friends had so much fun swimming and playing!  Ryder and Margo, right before their smooch!  I wish we had caught that on camera!!
 Asher and Caige!
 Cole with no hands!
 Cole, Noah and Evan enjoying the playhouse!
 Marlee pushing Alexis!  She is such a big help!  And so pretty too!
 Brenna got in on a little swing action too!  She even went for a swim with Aunt Deidra and loved the water!
I think it is safe to say that Alexis is in love with her swing set!  Thanks again Mimi and Pappa B!  We got her the baby swing, but I'm afraid she won't like it now that she is a "pro" at the big girl swing!  The guys worked for three days to get this set up in time and unfortunately it wasn't finished.  But, the kids did not seem to mind one bit that they had to use a real ladder!!
 I love this little girl!  Keely finally likes to smile for Aunt Deidra's camera!
 Uncle Jeff and his silly girl!
 Anna and Alexis ready to slide together!
 Keely wanted a picture with Anna too!  They are such sweet girls!
Of course the party wouldn't be complete without a little fence climbing! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs