Monday, July 9, 2012

Annual Summer Play Date

This year Megan came into town the same time our friends from Louisiana came to visit so we set up our annual summer play date at our house.  The boys loved it because they got to show off and smoke a brisket while the women chatted and the kids played!  Brian has finally perfected his brisket and he was more than willing to share it!  Unfortunately the day was filled with thunderstorms which took out the electricity for a good four hours!  But the kids were finally able to get into the pool for a good hour at the end of the afternoon!  Carly even came into town for the visit!  As with any group our size, not everyone could make it.  Biegs had to work and Mel was out of town.  Joy couldn’t come home but at least Jaime was able to fly to Virginia to see her!  I’ve said it a hundred times but I can’t help but be thankful for the great friendships that I have!  My girls and I have been friends for over twenty years and I know the next twenty will be filled with just as many good times!  I love watching our kids play together.  We are truly blessed to have friendships as strong as ours!  Everyone should be as lucky! 








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs