Thursday, February 3, 2011

We're Really Moving Now

Alexis and I have had lots of Mommy and me time this week. Daddy has been out of town so we have had nothing to do, since it is so cold outside, but to try new things. So, we tried the beef stew, that was a bust! We tried the sippy cup, that is a work in progress and we've been working on going from sitting to crawling. Last night she finally got it! She did it twice! The first time I caught in on camera and when I got the video camera out, she did it again!

She has also been out of sorts this week, not sleeping very well. I've been doing a lot of "Internet" research to try and figure out why she is waking up in the middle of the night and not napping. Baby Center said it could be because she is learning to crawl and she wants to practice it all the time or it could be she is too cold or hot. I'm trying to keep her room comfy but with our house it is so hard to tell if it is too hot or too cold until it is in the extremes!

Last night was the worst night in a long time! I can't even remember the last time I've put her down and she cried! She did it at 2 of her 30 minute naps yesterday and at night you would have thought she was seeing monsters she was screaming so badly! So, I had to finish her bottle and rock her for awhile. If you know me, I've tried very hard to not rock her, but this was a must! So, then I decided since she was calm and somewhat asleep, until I laid her down, that this would be the perfect time to break the swaddle. (I've been fighting this since she is such a good sleeper while she is all snuggled in there!) But, seeing as we should have a snow day tomorrow, this gives me 3 good nights to break it. Wish me luck! After I put her back down she played for a couple minutes and went to sleep. She woke up at midnight and 6 a.m. crying again. Back to the bottle and the rocking at midnight, but I didn't have time to do it at 6 while I was getting ready for work, so she just played. By the time Grandma got there, she was T-I-R-E-D!

Here is how she started going form sitting to crawling. First she found her foot and decided she was hungry!

Then she got busted and thought it was funny!

Next she realized that the floor wasn't really that far away...

Finally to all fours....

And she was OFF!! Still with the military crawl! But she gets on her knees more and in her bed I've been watching her get up on all fours "practicing."

Her Mimi bought her this Jeep Walker. I've wanted it since we registered and the store in the Woodlands didn't have it at Christmas, so she didn't get it! She seems to enjoy it. You put her in there with her cell phone and it gives me an insight into my future!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs