Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Happy First Birthday

Happy first birthday baby girl! I can't believe that 365 days ago, I was sitting at home waiting for my doctor's appointment. I had a feeling that you would come that day, but I wasn't prepared for the 3 and a half weeks you would stay in the NICU. When we brought you home, you were still so tiny. It doesn't even seem possible that you are this big already! You have brought so much joy to your Daddy and I. I love waking up to your beautiful smile every day. You are strong willed, independent, stubborn and so very loving! You know what you want and if you don't get it, you know how to stick out that bottom lip and throw your head down in the cutest temper tantrum I've ever seen! You have also become quite the picky eater! If you don't like something you make this gagging noise and stick out your tongue until it falls out of your mouth. You love your Mimi and your Grandma so much! Your pink Dolly is your favorite and she makes you so happy at bed time! There is no greater joy in my life than putting you to sleep at night, giving you a kiss and seeing you light up while you are hugging Dolly in my arms. I can't believe how easy a baby you were! You sleep like a champ and you only really cry when you're teething! Well, for the most part. After all, we are all entitled to our moments every now and then. And we can't forget how much you love our phones and the dog bed. I would never have dreamed that a dog bed would be your most favorite toy. I've even moved your nice comfy chair into the living room. While you enjoy the chair sometimes, you still prefer the dog bed. I love you more than I could ever tell you. I'm so excited that In just a few short days I get to spend all Summer with you. Before I know it you will be walking all over the place. I love you Baby Girl!

This past weekend we celebrated her first birthday with all our family and friends. She is truly one blessed little girl. She got some of the cutest clothes and swimsuits. I think her new car was a big hit! She even picked up the hammer to help Grandpa put it together. She wasn't in the best of moods so I didn't get very many pictures of her smiling. We've been waiting for three months to get more teeth and as luck would have it, THREE new teeth broke through this weekend. While she didn't smile that much, she sure did love her cake. She dug right in with both hands and even used her fork to eat it! I'm going to get her another one today so I can get some pictures of her smiling this afternoon!




Paw Paw, Mommy and Daddy



I love her crawfish outfit. We served pizza and crawfish at the party. I couldn't wait for her to put this on! It is super cute! This is where she stayed during the bashing of the pinata. She was happy in her car, so she just watched all her friends and cousins destroy her butterfly.

Two happy Grandmas

Two proud Grandpas

Aunt Missy and Uncle Mike

I love her new monogrammed swimsuit! I'm a sucker for anything monogrammed. Thanks Biegs!

Like I said, one stubborn girl! She insisted on helping Grandpa!

She is also quite the little bully! She loves Ryder so much, but she wants any toy that he has. She couldn't even share the steering wheel with him. Before too long, Ryder was on the ground crying and A was still as happy as could be as if nothing had ever happened!

A and some of her friends. This is pretty cute for four babies who couldn't care less about taking pictures.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs