Sunday, October 30, 2011

We Love You Willie

So as usual, I’m super behind! Willie has been home for FIVE weeks now! We’ve adjusted quite well. It is sometimes hard to remember, when it is just you, that you have three dogs and a toddler! I learned quickly that puppies and toddlers are very similar; they both love to be outside. So, while I’m chasing Alexis, I frequently forget that Willie is wondering around, particularly while I’m trying to herd all four of our babies into the house! I will feel so much better once our fence is built so I know Alexis is safe from the pool.

Alexis loves having Willie around too! When we ask her where Willie’s toys are, she walks right over to them, picks them up and tries to play tug a war with him, but Willie usually wins. Of course she loves to go outside while he goes potty or plays fetch. We haven’t had too many melt downs when he bites her either. I’ll admit it, I was overly worried that he was going to be too rough with her, but she definitely holds her own. She fake cries sometimes, but as soon as you tell her she is fine, she forgets about it. She is already such a drama queen!!

Willie is such a good dog and very smart! He can already sit and come. And as with all dogs, potty training is a work in progress. To be honest, the only reason he ever goes in the house is usually our fault. I can't wait to see all the things he can learn. Daddy and I have different views on our training. Daddy thnks he is strictly for hunting while Mommy wants to teach him to do cool tricks and be a good house dog. I'm convinced we can do both! Daddy says you can't! Well, Daddy's "book" says you can't! So, I guess we will see what happens to our newest addition! He is going to be the leader of his class either way! I’m so excited to watch these two grow up together. I think they are going to be BFFs.



He has such a sweet face Cutest pic ever!She still tries to pick him up, only now she gets frustrated because he doesn't move. He is already too big for her to pick him up! He is going to be such a big dog and I can't wait! No words!!So sweet...How long do I have to sit here??The first meeting Just a quick photo shoot while waiting for Daddy to bring home my new puppy. This was the last time I remember being able to get her to smile for the camera. She has been quite stingy with the smiles lately. Just wait and see. We are having to redo her Christmas pictures because she just wasn't having it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs