Thursday, August 1, 2013

Good Bye Mr. Poppas



The day I’ve been dreading for years finally came when Brian was out of town.  It was a Saturday afternoon and Alexis and I had been gone for most of the day.  We met Aunt Tracy at the house and immediately I noticed something was wrong with Ranger.  I knew in my heart that this was his time.  The only problem was I had a session and I didn’t have my customer’s phone number.  That and I had already rescheduled once, so I just couldn’t cancel.  I called my brother in law and he rushed over.  Thankfully, I have the most amazing friends and family ever.  Aunt Tracy and Uncle Jeff rushed him to the vet.  I called my Mom, who was at Memorial City Hospital with my dad; he was three days out from yet another back surgery.  (Side note:  My dad’s back is doing AMAZING since this surgery.  Praise God!)   Not to mention Aunt Jaime who watched Alexis while I went off to shoot this family.  To say that I felt like the worst mom in the world is an understatement!  I show up to the shoot and the dad has the stomach virus and the grandma has to leave about twenty minutes into it before she gets sick!  Then my mom calls to tell me I have to make a decision.  Of course, I knew what I had to do.  I just begged them to keep him alive until I got there.  Don’t ask me how I managed to get some good pictures?! 

Saying goodbye to my shadow was the worst thing I’ve ever done.  He never left my side in over five years and it is still hard to believe he is no longer with me.  Ranger, Pops, Mr. Poppas was one of the best dogs anyone could ask for!  I miss him daily!  It took Alexis about two weeks to start missing him and asking questions.  She is the sweetest.  She will look up in the sky and say hello to Ranger and Jesus.  Talk about Melting!! She still talks about him today and he has been gone for a little over two months. 

It’s hard to believe that we only have one dog now.  I haven’t been a one dog family since I was 18.  Willie, of course, is amazing and Brian can’t wait to get him in the fields come September 1st! 
 
 
This picture was taken about six weeks before he died.  I knew it would be his last bluebonnet pics!
 
 
My sweet Boy!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs