Tuesday, March 15, 2011

First Day in DC

Once again, Alexis just amazed us on our trip to DC! She isn’t on a very strict schedule anyways, but I was worried about being out all day long. I guess having a lax schedule helped us in the long run. My aunt lives in Annapolis, so she took a nap on our way into DC and she was ready to see the city. She enjoyed hanging out in the Baby Bjourn and took a few quick naps in her new stroller. We didn’t have too much trouble with her sleeping in a new place either. I did watch her this morning on the monitor as she was waking up. She was quite funny; she looked all around her as if she was trying to figure out where she was, but just like any morning, she was one happy baby when I got her out of bed.

Our first stop was the Ford Theater. This was my second favorite site that day, the first being the original Star Spangled Banner. The size of Our Country’s first flag is amazing! To think that it survived flying over Fort Mc Henry in the Baltimore Harbor during the Revolutionary war and it is still in one piece had me standing in awe. The flag has moved locations several different times over the years to help preserve its beauty. It is now in a dark room with very dim lighting. You are no longer allowed to take pictures of it, but to see it in person is truly breath taking.

We then made it to the American and Natural History Museums at the Smithsonian. From there we walked to the Lincoln Memorial for a few shots before jumping into the cab to head to the White House. I will let those pictures speak for themselves! All I can say, is only the Mannions!

Yes, that is Alexis crawling away from the White House! For all you germ a phobes, Don’t judge!! I didn’t intend for her to crawl, I just wanted her to sit, but she has a mind of her own. And you have to admit that it made for a really cute picture!

Yes, that is real!












0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs