Sunday, March 20, 2011

Meeting Washington and Jefferson

Wednesday we traveled to Virgina to explore Mount Vernon, George Washington's home. It was full of history and so very beautiful. Everyone had a great time and learned a lot! My friend Joy also made the trip with her husband and kids so we could hang out for the day. It was great to see her, especially on her side of the U.S. I miss her terribly and I treasure even the little bit of time I get to spend with her.

Alexis waiting every so patiently to enjoy her first bus ride through Arlington Cementary.
Joy and her beautiful family.



The view at Mount Vernon and the boys in front of the Pentagon.Alexis with her Mimi and Paw Paw just before meeting Thomas Jefferson.

I love this picture! The boys were silently and patiently waiting for the Changing of the Guards at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. They were so excited to see this and very respectful during the ceremony. Unfortunately A was full of words and her and Mommy had to watch it from a far. But, I have seen it before and I really wanted Daddy to see it.

Alexis in front of Thomas Jefferson.

Our family at Mount Vernon and Alrington Cementary. A was so happy to be on the bus and NOT in her car seat. She really loved riding the bus and looking out the windows.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs