Wednesday, March 2, 2011

9 Months...3 Months Closer to a Year

I know I say it every month, but I can’t believe she is 9 months old! I mean, she has learned so much this last month that I feel like one day I’m going to wake up and she is going to be graduating Kindergarten! She is giving sloppy wet kisses now and I just love them! We are working on feeding ourselves. Let’s just say, that is a work in progress. We started with rice puffs, but they were too small and she just can’t get them in her mouth. So, last night I tried just giving her food on her tray to see how well she did, not that great, but it was a start! Today was her 9 month well baby and she is going up on the charts but I was a little surprised that she hadn’t gained more weight. Here are her stats:
Weight: 17 lbs. and 8 oz. (23 percentile)
Height: 28 inches (78 percentile)

She is so cute after bath time. She loves to look at herself in the mirror while she is wrapped in her towel. But looking like this, can you blame her?

You know how much I love bath time pictures, but they are much harder to get now that she is sitting up and playing with her toys. We have been practicing laying on our back in the bathtub. I'm hoping that this will transfer to her wanting to float in the pool. Only time will tell, and the time is only a short time a way.

Her eyes are still blue! FINGERS CROSSED people!!

Her super cute funny face!! It cracks me up every time!

Here we are "playing" with our food. I really hope she gets the gist of feeding herself soon.

Last week the trail riders came through! I've been looking forward to this for weeks! I was so excited to start this tradition with her. Unfortunately, they came in earlier than I expected and I missed it. To say I was upset was an understatement! The cowboys LOVED her outfit and her pink horse. Thanks to Grandma for rushing out to let her see them and Grandpa for taking the pictures. I am still so sad I missed it. Next year I will be rushing out to get there in time. I'm not missing it again!

1 comments:

Eva said...

I'm sure people have given you some advice, but here are some foods that the twins like (they had a hard time with small pieces in the beginning too): steamed veggies (peas, carrots, green beans-and all cut up of course), cooked sweet potato cubed, Sargento cheese sticks torn off into pieces, banana (cut into fourths), peaches, mangos, cooked pasta (Barilla brand ditalini), they LOVE fresh blueberries (I cut them in half in the beginning), cut up pieces of toast, and avocado cut into pieces. You will find you can give her bigger pieces as she gets more comfortable but in the beginning don't make them much larger than a pea so she doesn't choke. Half of it will end up in her high chair seat, but that's okay. :)

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs