Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Bottle Free

It's officially been one week since Alexis had her last bottle! I was so nervous about giving up the bottle, especially at nap and bed time! She doesn't like to drink milk in large doses, so when I realized that she wasn't going to finish her 6 ozs anymore, I just took it away and she went down for a long nap! That was last Monday and we haven't looked back once!



I tried ravioli with spaghetti sauce and despite the finger licking photo, she was not a fan! She is such a picky eater! She isn't a fan of fruit or veggies anymore and it is driving me nuts since that is all we are eating right now. One week she liked it all and the next it was disgusting! I keep trying though!

Saturday we celebrated my niece's arrival! She is still in the hospital but she is getting bigger every day. She weighs 5 pounds 9 ounces and is up to 8 bottles a day, but she tires easily and isn't finishing them all. I don't have any recent pictures of her because I'm a bad aunt. But Brian has been out of town for what feels like all of June and A can't go with me. Hopefully, I will get to go next Tuesday!

Here is a picture of the forest fire in Trinity county. This is about 2 miles from Rachel's house. Thankfully it didn't get close enough to destroy their property, but it did destroy our deer lease, including my uncle's fifth wheel. I can't believe how dry it is outside! The amount of fires in and around our area is truly scary. Please pray for rain and safety for all the people affected as well as the police and fire fighters who are protecting these families.


While you are praying, please say a prayer for Blakey. Blake is a family friend who is having his third open heart surgery tomorrow and he is only three years old. Tiffany will be updating her blog but she could use some prayers while you are at it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs