Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bourgeois Bunch Comes to Town

Alexis and I were blessed with quite a few play dates last month. One of my oldest and bestest friends in the whole world was in town, not once, but TWICE! Megan’s husband is a Seal and they were previously stationed in San Diego. They have recently received orders to move back to Virginia. Her dad is battling cancer right now, so she is in town as often as possible this summer to visit with him. I hate seeing him hurting and seeing her in pain when she talks about him and her mother. Mary Kaye was my second mother growing up. I ate at her house several times during the week and she ate at mine on Sundays, the only day we had homemade dinners! There are very few memories of my youth don’t involve Megan. It breaks my heart to see her family going through this much pain and I pray every night for a cure for Cancer, not just for John but for all those suffering with this horrible disease.

I’ve waited years to get our kids together! It is hard at times because she lives so far away. It makes me sad that her kids don’t really know me. But that has changed this summer. They have all had a blast and they even beg to come to my house! That just feels my heart with joy! Here are some pictures from our play dates. We will have another one sometime this month and I can’t wait.

Her youngest, Callen, with Alexis! I would never have guessed that her youngest (out of four) would be just a few months older than my oldest! It still amazes me that she has four kids and her husband is in the navy. She is an amazing mother and when I'm having a bad day I just think about Megan! How cute are they?? The best you can get with thirteen kids ranging from 9 to 3 weeks old! Sweet Carter at four months This car is a life saver! She loves it! This princess is more precious than words and she loves her some Pirate Booty! Which I still haven't been able to find! Cole loves Ranger and Belle. He just needed a time out from all the playing and what better place than the dog bed? He also loves babies. I think they amaze him. Cole, William, Allee and Anna. Allee and William are just days apart! These four got along like they were long lost friends. They couldn't resist a sweet pose. Callen and Megan with Alexis and I. Allee and Barret. Piper, Allee and Barret. They love the water guns. Piper must wear multiple lifesaving devices. She has had to be saved four times, including one this day when she was wearing a baby float. Note to self they are not safe to leave children unattended, much less jumping off the diving board when no adult is in the pool! Piper was not happy that she couldn't hold Alexis so this was the best we could do! Alexis and Allee. Megan's first baby girl with my first baby girl. Barret and Callen. I can't believe Callen has curly hair! Their little lucky leprechaun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs