Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Back to Work

Well, I've been back at work for three days now. I cried all the way to work on Monday. I've been really emotional for the last couple of weeks, I know, that isn't surprising! But I seriously thought that I wouldn't cry when I went back to work. Boy, was I wrong!! Thankfully, I have been really busy so it has made the days go by very fast. Plus Grandma and Alexis are having lots of fun and have been enjoying this beautiful fall weather with lots of walks!! I’m trying not to get too jealous!!

It was hard to get back into the swing of things, but I have a lot of momentum, right now, and I'm determined to get my kids to read, one in particular!! I've got two pretty great classes, and then the one typical class which has all the jokesters in it. Its funny how unmotivated they are at the beginning of the year; I just hope I can motivate them and hopefully get them to WANT to read and read more than their friends! I'm going to try really hard not to get frustrated when they don't want to read and encourage them in the right direction. I forget how hard it is with a new group of kids, but then I think back to where my kids ended last year and I know I can do it again and my goal is to get Mr. D to read!

I started Alexis on oatmeal last night and she seems to enjoy it, but I think she might like rice more. Who knows if I know what I'm talking about, but she seems to be a little more upset after she eats it than she did with the rice. I'm going to try again tomorrow night and if she is fussy after it, then I'm going back to the rice. We are still working on the going down. She does a great job for three or four days then has a rough night. But on those nights, it just takes 45 minutes to an hour to get her to sleep. So, hopefully I'm doing alright.

Below are Alexis 3 month and nursery pictures. I LOVE her room! It makes me smile when I go in there and I hope she loves it when she gets older too! Deanna also did some football pictures of her in Texans and Saints gear! Those were taken when she was almost 4 months old. Before I went back to work Deanna and I took the babies downtown to the YMCA and Discovery Green. It is awesome down there!! I wish I could go more often! I will share those when I get them! As I've said before, Alexis is lucky to have an awesome aunt!

I think she looks pretty different just in those 4 short weeks!





This one just makes me laugh!




1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh Deidra-she is absolutely beautiful!!! So happy for you both to have such a blessing!

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs