Thursday, October 21, 2010

I'll Never be 4 Months Again

I can't believe Alexis will be 5 months old on Sunday! She only has three days left of being a 4 month old and it kind of makes me sad. There is just something about the number 5 that seems so old to me!

This week she tried barley and gave up on the green beans. The week didn't get any better after she tried them on the first post. She still doesn't enjoy them. We're just going to come back to those a little later. So, we switched to applesauce, which she seems to enjoy. Although she ate the barley all up, I'm switching her back to oatmeal because something is making her face all red. Just incase its the barley, we are going to stop it for a few days.

We have had a bit of a rough week on the sleeping front. I'm trying to keep her up as long as possible after she eats, but she keeps waking up 45 minutes later, with gas, I guess. I burp her several times after she eats, but she still wakes up screaming! Tonight we even feed her the cereal earlier and a bottle later, plus keeping her up longer and it seems like tonight was the worst night of all. We've been able to calm her down and put her back to sleep with in 10 minutes, most nights. But, tonight it took over an hour and 3 plus times going in! I let her cry it out for 10 minutes, but she gets to screaming so bad that she's shaking and can't breathe. The strange thing is, she doesn't do this during the day. She goes down for a nap and sleeps, even if it isn't longer than an hour. I also put her down awake and in a happy mood. Getting her to go down both at naps and that first time at night is no problem at all. so, I just don't know what I'm doing wrong and its getting frustrating.

Her first time in the highchair. Daddy put her in it while Mommy was at work. Thankfully for me, Aunt Lissa was here to take a picture.

I love her bathtub pictures the best. I guess it really reminds me of my baby pictures. You can really see how much she has grown from the her last picture. That was taken just 4 weeks ago.

1 comments:

Eva said...

Seriously this is the same problem Presley had! She napped fine during the day, then would wake up screaming about 45 min. after we put her down at night. Then it became 3 a.m. and 1 a.m. Maybe try not keeping her awake after her night time bottle and just putting her down? I realized that P was over tired. Now they are in their cribs by 7 and they sleep till 7. Of course everyone has advice to to give...but everyone has a different routine too. We do rice cereal after their second to last bottle of the day (between 4:15-4:45) and then night time bottles start at 6:30. They cry for about 15 minutes max, after we put them down then are asleep. I have no clue what time you put her to bed, and what is your bed time routine, but that's what ended up making Presley stop her random wake ups. :) I hope it gets better! By the way...she is ADORABLE!

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs