Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lots of Happenings Around Here

With all that we have been doing, I just realized that I haven’t blogged about all that Alexis is up to. I can’t believe I’m about to say this, but Alexis has her first tooth! It came in on Thursday the 13th. She has been out of sorts for a couple of days and nights this week and hasn’t been sleeping very well. That’s because she is no longer Mommy’s little gummy baby! She still won’t let me see it, but I can feel it! She only has one and I know the 2nd tooth isn’t far behind, but I hope this is it for a while. This is all going way too fast for me!

She is also ALL over the place! She isn’t crawling on all fours, but she has mastered the military crawl across the room, especially to get to the dog bed and the TV stand. We’ve even made her play mat bigger and that doesn’t stop her. She spends the majority of her day playing on her tummy. Needless to say, Brian and I are baby proofing our house this weekend!

Alexis is also “talking” much more. “Dadadada” is all I hear. I KNOW she is just talking and this isn’t her first word. However, Daddy is convinced she is saying his name.

I almost forgot! She is also sitting up! She isn’t sitting up on her own, but she is sitting up and playing for longer periods of time. She has hit her head several times but she bounces back quickly!

She has also been sick for a couple of weeks. I took her to the Doctor on the Monday before I went back to work. She was coughing, sneezing and really snotty. It wasn’t in her lungs yet so she just put her on and antibiotic and we were on our way. She went back on that Thursday and it had indeed spread to her lungs and she was wheezing. This was the day we left for the Cotton Bowl, so Grandma had taken her. The doctor put her on breathing treatments after giving her one in the office. I knew I was glad that I wasn’t there, but I was not prepared to do it myself. The first time I had to give it to her I cried. It was so sad! She hates it and screams the whole time! I only cried that one time, but it still breaks my heart to have to do this to her. We are supposed to be done, but she is still on her new antibiotic.

In all these visits, she has been weighing between 15 and 17 pounds. I’m guessing she is about 16 pounds right now. She is still very tall!! We are in 9 to 12 month pants and even some of those are too short!

Alexis is still very independent. She loves to play with her toys on the mat. Most of the time I’m playing on the mat with her, but I do manage to get some chores done while she is playing.
And lastly, she is starting to cuddle with me! I LOVE it! All you moms know how special this is. I’ve been waiting for this day! At night she is so tired that she barely makes it through her bottle. She crawls up on my neck and just cuddles with me when she’s finished. Needless to say, I’ve been stretching out her bed time just so I can get some cuddle time.

Mommy's sweet face! I'm still praying her eyes stay this blue.

Practicing sitting and playing. We are almost there!

Crawling around the room

Going after her blocks. Look Mommy, I got it!

Play Time!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs