Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ringing in the New Year

Alexis’s first Holidays are over and I can’t believe how much more fun they were for Brian and I. Being that my birthday is two days before Christmas this has always been my most favorite time of the year. But I had no idea how special it would be. I love A so much and I don’t want her to grow up too fast, but it will be fun when she understands the Reason for the Season. I know it will come soon enough; I’m just amazed by how much she has grown and learned in just the two weeks I’ve been off with her. She has the best personality that we could have asked for.

NYE was so much fun. I’m not sure whether I had more fun hanging out with our closest friends or watching the kids have fun. I can’t wait until Alexis is old enough to play. I’m so excited that there is another group of babies coming so she won’t be alone! As you’ve heard me say before, my friends are my sisters, which is why their kids call us Aunt Deidra and Uncle Brian. It’s actually a competition for some to get called Aunt and Uncle. It warms my heart each time one of them calls my name. This year as we were getting ready to celebrate NYE, Anna asked me, “Who besides THE family is going to be here.” It made me laugh! We have our own little family here and I couldn’t be any happier. I just look forward to Alexis playing with her “cousins.”

If you read my blog regularly, you know I LOVE pictures. If you’ve known me personally for any time at all, this is nothing new. I have documented every party, important event or celebration for most my life. So, if you wonder why I’m always doing collages (you know who you are) it’s simply because I love taking pictures and I can’t decide which ones to choose. It doesn’t help that we have some of the cutest kids on the block! So, I hope you have enjoyed my blog this year. I have certainly had a great time writing it down and keeping track of our little family. I wish you the best in this New Year and I hope you are as blessed in 2011 as we were in 2010.


This picture of Noah just cracks me up. It's like he knows just what to do with a gun. This is as good as your going to get with these four!

Working on the perfect picture

Here are some of the outtakes from the night. Brian found his outfit at Katy Christian Ministries. He loves to dress up.

Yes, the kids had a Dance Off. Uncle/Mr. Michael was giving tips and William was nailing the dance moves.

The kids LOVED the fireworks this year. They even took part in lighting them!


The many faces of Cole.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I love all of these pictures!! I think the best quote of the night was from Cole..."What is that juice box doing?!"

Unknown said...

Thanks, Deanna I took most of these pics with a Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G VR AF-S DX Nikkor Lens.

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs