Thursday, December 15, 2011

Family Pictures 2011

So, who hasn't spent time planning out the perfect family picture?  I planned ours down to the very last detail and the only thing I needed was just a few precious smiles from Alexis?  I mean, how many thousands of pictures do I have of Alexis smiling while I'm snapping away?  I didn't think it was too much to ask for; for me to be in just a few pictures with her as one big happy family! 

I'd shopped around and found the perfect ourtfits for Alexis.  Then I had Bentley's Bows make me some perfectly matching bows!  Perfect outfit, right?  Throw in the mix our cute new puppy, and my dream picture was about to come true!  All I needed was a great location!   I found a field of flowers down the street from our house, which of course had almost died by the time our shoot came around, and then we asked our friends, the Weilers, if we could use their beautiful barn and longhorns for the second location.  I know that sounds strange to describe a barn as beautiful, but it really is so amazing and pretty that when we visited them over the Summer I asked them if I could use their home for our Christmas pictures.  I told you, I had it all planned out! 

So, what went wrong you ask?   Alexis couldn't care less!  All she cared about was the doggies and the dirt!  Seriously, we didn't get ONE single smile the whole shoot!  Hence, take two!  So, the cute pictures you see of her alone in the flowers, were actually the second attempt!  While I have to admit, I do love this family photo of Brian and I, Alexis just looks, I don't know, out of place?  Oh and No Willie!  I knew going into this that he was a puppy and he might be hard to control, but I still had my expectations set high.  To top it all off, one of the bows I had made got ruined while sitting in the bag waiting to be used!  Her milk spilled all over it! 

I'm sure this is the first of many shoots just like this, but after Brian and I had worked so hard this past year to lose weight, I wanted just a couple of family photos with both of us actually IN the picture to show off our hard work and our family, together. 

So, smile or no smile, Here's our family pictures! 
I don't really know how describe her face in this picture?  But, I love how this one turned out!  The only thing missing is Willie and a smile from Alexis!
Here's the smile I wanted to see but not with a Bentley's Bow.  We had to have a substitution on take two.
Such a sweet picture!  Maybe it's just Daddy and I that she didn't want to pose with!

While this picture is very sweet, can you tell she is actually fighting to get OUT of my arms?  Good thing Deanna can find some beauty in any picture she takes!
One of my favorites!  Of course we aren't looking at the camera, but it was probably better that way!  I told you their barn was pretty!
One "doggie" distraction!  How cute is this bow?  It matched her dress perfectly!  Thank goodness we got to use one!
And the other, the dirt!  My girl LOVES to play in the dirt! 

So, here's to the first, of what I'm sure is going to be many awkward family photos!  Happy Holidays!  1.5 more days and I get to spend two whole weeks with my hubby and baby girl!  I can't wait! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs