Monday, December 5, 2011

Santa Jim 2011

This past weekend we celebrated Christmas with our friends. We had our 2nd annual Santa Jim party. We had 15 families over for Santa, fajitas and crafts! Everyone, including the adults had a great time! I'm sorry if I didn't get to visit with everyone, everything happened so fast. One minute there were just a few of us and then in one mad rush the house was filled, Santa was walking in and I had two cameras around my neck! Luckily most friends stayed for a couple hours so we could visit!

I'm proud to say that we raised over 200 dollars for a family in need. One of Melissa's good friends is battling cancer, so we decided to donate money for their little boy's Christmas. We know it is hard to pay the medical bills and still worry about being able to provide a happy Christmas for your children. So, hopefully our donation will help ease some of this family's troubles.

After Santa left, the kids painted ornaments and made white chocolate marshmallow snowmen! I have to say, I love pinterest! I'm sorry to say I don't have a picture, but I made Santa's cookie jars as party favors! I fell in love with this idea when I saw it and just had to make them. They turned out super cute. The idea came from pinterest and once I started looking into it, I realized that the recipe came from a lady whose blog I've been following, also through pinterest. I didn't try them, but I'm pretty sure that they are going to turn out great! Thanks everyone for making this party so great! Your generosity is what brings a meaning to this season!


So, Alexis wasn't a fan of Santa!!
Please Mommy, come get me!! her face breaks my heart now, but of course I thought it was funny at the time!

This picture cracks me up! Santa was telling a story and all of the other kids were quietly listening. My little sneaker walks up to the piano, trying to play it. Of course she gave me the evil look saying, "look what I'm going to go do!" All was good until Noah decided he wanted to be sneaky too! He is big enough to lift up the door and they both started making music! So, she wasn't very happy when she got pulled off the piano! Here I was thinking I was outsneaking her and she got me! I think they might have planned it out?

From left to right: Sorensons, Mannions, Smiths, College Roommies and Gormans. Keeley was super cute this year! She was so giddy with excitement to see Santa but yet scared to be by herself with him. She eventually gave him a high five and even a hug. She was way too cute!

The Campbells, Cams, Pates, Finley, Ormsbys

The Normans, Bryants, Morales, Weavers and Addisons

All the kids waiting for Santa. Ryder and Alexis just not having it. Grandma came over and joined in on the fun too! And can I say, just how sweet are these girls? They got along so great! Anna was beyond thrilled to have a girl to play with!

These are some of my favorite pics from the night. Everyone was so cute and sweet! We are already looking forward to next year! Merry Christmas from the Mannions!

1 comments:

Jon and Alex Pate said...

Thanks for a great party..Jack & I were thrilled to join yall. Merry Christmas!

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs