Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

So, this wasn't the Thanksgiving I had planned, but at least we enjoyed our time with our families! As I mentioned in my last post, Alexis was sick all turkey weekend. So, we didn't get many smiles from her. All she wanted was Mommy, she didn't want to eat and she certainly didn't want to be a part of our photo shoot! Never mind Mommy was super excited to have the girls in matching outfits, courtesy of Lily Lou Designs. Their outfits were beyond cute, but the photo shoot was a bust, to say the least! At least Laureli and Kynlee showed off their personalities. The boys even jumped in the picture to help save the day. But, my stubborn little sicky was having no part of it! Good thing I've already ordered their Christmas outfits, hopefully take two with Santa and Christmas day will produce something beyond some funny outtakes!


We were once again on the go this holiday! Mommy is desperately looking forward to Christmas break and some down time! We spent Wednesday hanging out with Aunt Tracy; seeing her new home, eating lunch and doing some shopping! Just a little girl time! Aunt Tracy even bought A a new pair of furry purple boots, that we LOVE!! Thanks Aunt Tracy! Then on Thanksgiving we spent the morning with the lovely doctors at the clinic followed by a great dinner with the Mannions and Cathys. From there we rushed to the lake to see A&M lose to TU. Such a sad game all around. Mommy got emotional at the start, I still can't believe that this rivalry is over. I will say, I did not enjoy Tom Cruise's shamless introduction/plug for MI4! What does he know about A&M and TU? I'm not sure I will ever live down this loss, but then again, there are going to be many more beatings put on us by LSU in the years to come. So, hopefully Daddy will stop rubbing it in sooner rather than later! Friday we spent the day with my whole family, after all morning slaving away in the kitchen, that is. Then on Saturday we hung out with Mimi and PaPa and spent the evening with our aunts and uncles. We broke in Grandma and Grandpa's new lake house while they were at back in Katy!! They had to leave early because Grandpa had to leave the next day to go to Switzerland for two weeks! So we had some good times with Aunt Missy, Uncle Mike and Uncle Jeff. How sweet are Laureli and Kynlee? A is sweet too, I just wish she had felt better so she could have participated. She was concerned about her bow falling out. We are still having a constant battle trying to keep bows in our hair! They don't last more than 5 minutes!


Alexis started having fun when she was playing with the doggies. But when we replaced Teddy with Laureli, you can see she had a fit. Laureli finally started crying when Alexis completely lost it and precious Kynlee just sat there as cute as can be!

Kelsey has asked me to do her Senior pictures, so I wanted to get a little practice shoot in, just to make sure I was what she wanted. I can not believe she is already a senior and about to go to college and play ball! Makes me sad to think of it and I'm sure I will shed a tear or two when she graduates!


I love this little boy!!


Seriously, how great is this picture! Bubba looks like an old man, just enjoying the lake and his beer. Don't worry, it's just rootbeer, but this pose was too hard to pass up! So manly! I wonder what he is contemplating??


Jamie and her precious family! I love these kids more than words can say! I can't believe they are so grown up! I feel like it was just a few years ago that I was changing diapers and now they are practically teenagers!


I love this picture of Aunt Missy and Alexis. My babies poor lips were so cracked from the fever and Missy was trying to help her! So sweet!


This is my favorite dress! Alexis was actually starting to feel better, so she went exploring the Cathy's backyard. But, she didn't enjoy the hammock and wanted me to pick her up immediately! Her newest trick is "yummy in my tummy." Don't let the fork and spoon fool you though, she didn't eat a bite of her turkey dinner! We hope you had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed your time with your families! Have a great holiday season and be safe!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Mannion Memories

Website Design by CoffeeShop Designs